WORCESTER/LEICESTER — On Thursday, August 8, The Massachusetts Digital Games Institute (MassDiGI) will be hosting its annual Summer Innovation Program Open House at Becker College. Open House visitors will have a chance to play the games being made by MassDiGI SIP interns before they are launched later this year. Interns in the Summer Innovation Program — which includes students from 17 different colleges and universities — have been working on the games since May. Games featured at the event will include:
- Bloom Blast – Follow Cyp the cat on a quest to sell plants all over the world. Tap plants of the same color to serve customers and progress in your quest!
- Roller Riot – Crazy cyborgs are causing chaos in the city and have made their way towards the Roller Derby District. You are the last one standing. Punch, kick, and roll your way through a frenzy of different enemies determined on taking you down. Show them that you are a force to be reckoned with and that they chose the wrong street. And don’t forget to use your cyber upgrades to take down more enemies!
- Merge Critters Unite! – A swarm of dastardly demons have attacked a planet of adorable animals! These creatures have to unite, get stronger, and fight the evil horde to take their home back! Combine two of the same animal to get a new, stronger critter! Send your creatures off to fight and bring back gold and glory, then use that to buy even stronger animals with crazy weapons. Who will you add to your army in your quest?
- Save the Flame – Explore the world of Vishal as you play Omar, a young fire magic prodigy and last hope for humanity. In this endless runner, Omar is trying to take back The Flame from the ancient spirit Onii, while dodging possessed obstacle fragments and collecting coins to help with his quest. Will you be able to save the flame, or will Onii plunge humanity into darkness forever?
- And, one special SIPX project built in collaboration with Dejobaan Games.
The Open House will be held from 1-4 p.m. in The Colleen C. Barrett Center for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 80 William Street, on Becker College’s Worcester campus. The event is free and open to all. Please RSVP at: https://massdigi2019.eventbrite.com.
This summer’s MassDiGI interns come from Becker College, Berklee College of Music, Brown University, Cornell University, Emerson College, Lesley University, Letterkenny Institute of Technology (Ireland), Maine College of Art, MIT, Mt. Holyoke College, Northeastern University, RPI, RISD, RIT, School of Visual Arts, Wellesley College and WPI.
Becker College is an undergraduate and graduate, career-focused private college, providing a supportive and inclusive learning community that prepares graduates for their first to last careers. Nearly 1,800 students from the United States and around the world live and learn on the College’s Worcester and Leicester campuses. With nationally recognized programs in nursing, game design and animal studies, Becker has been consistently ranked as a “Best College” for undergraduate education by The Princeton Review and is recognized as a national and state College of Distinction. In addition, Becker College’s undergraduate game design program is ranked #3 in the world, and its graduate game design program ranked #11 in the world, by the Princeton Review.