Have an event coming up? How about an anniversary? Any sort of information you think the general public might want to know about? Share it with us because The Citizen Chronicle wants to share your news with our readers.
Provide us with your contact information and your press release, either as a Word document or as a PDF attachment. Your contact information won’t be published but is required in case we need to get in touch with you. If you have a phone number, e-mail address, or other means of contact that you want included for publication, please include it within the press release itself. This is typically indicated at the end of the press release with, “For more information, call…”
If you are sending information about an upcoming event, please send it our way at least a week ahead of time in order to give it the best chance for exposure. If you are sending information about an event that has already taken place, please include the date(s) of the event, and that is sent as soon after the event as possible in order to maintain relevancy.
Please send an e-mail with your name, phone number, contact e-mail address, and your press release (either as the content of the e-mail or as an attachment) to editor@TheCitizenChronicle.com. Please specify the topic of your press release in the subject line of your e-mail.
Attaching relevant photographs and/or logos to accompany your press release is ideal. Captions or cutlines should be included with photographs.
Generally speaking, the sort of news items The Citizen Chronicle is looking for include, but are not limited to:
- New officers’ names
- Awards your organization receives
- Military honors and promotions
- Church news, fairs, bazaars, announcements about new clergy or church officers
- Graduations and honor rolls
- Announcements of art exhibits or similar events open to the public
- Notice of club or organization meetings open to the general public
- Notice of public meetings with programs or speakers
- Business promotions, expansions, awards received or given, and new businesses
- Scouting news
- Class reunion announcements
- Information about money you’ve raised for charity
- Fundraiser results
- Announcements of general interest