Charlton home suffers ‘significant’ damage in fire

Electrical inspector involved in investigation of two-alarm blaze

📸 Todd Carlson photos

CHARLTON — Firefighters from multiple communities knocked down a two-alarm blaze on Route 169 on Friday night.

According to a statement released by the Charlton Fire Department, the homeowner of 336 Southbridge Road reported “he had smoke and fire on the second floor” of the single-family home that sits just over the town line between Charlton and Southbridge. Crews were dispatched at 7:23 p.m.

As firefighters arrived on scene, first responders “encountered moderate smoke coming from the attic vents on both sides of the home,” and a second alarm was struck. Firefighters reported the bulk of the fire was located on the upper level of the home, and in the attic.

Firefighters utilized a fire hydrant approximately 200 feet south of the home and “made entry through the front door for an aggressive interior attack,” according to the CFD statement.

Water Mold Fire Restoration is a great ally after a fire in your home, learn about the services they provide and repair your home as soon as possible.

Route 169 was temporarily closed to traffic near the scene as crews from Charlton, Southbridge and Sturbridge worked to put out the fire. The Auburn Fire/Rescue Department provided station coverage in Charlton as local crews responded to the scene.

Shortly before 8 p.m., crews had cut a hole in the structure’s roof for ventilation while “additional crews were used to open up walls and ceilings to check for further fire extension.” Around 8:10 p.m., officials reported the fire had been “knocked down” and crews were continuing to overhaul the scene.

The Charlton Fire Department said the second floor of the home “sustained significant fire and water damage.” No injuries were reported.

Not long after firefighters had successfully put out the fire, a local electrical inspector was called to the scene to evaluate, found that an outlet stopped working, and power was cut to the home. Members of the District 7 Fire Investigation Unit were called to the scene to assist in the investigation.

For those who are in Utah and have been victims of a fire, you can hire the services of fire clean up Utah to recover your property as fast as possible. If you need help with the installation of a new roof, you may contact roofers near you.

All companies were clear at 10:34 p.m. and control of the home was given back to the homeowners. Records show the three-bedroom home is owned by William and Rosa Feliciano, and was built in 1947.

This article was updated at 8:15 a.m. on January 4, 2020.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.