“Fully engulfed” truck appears caused by wiring short

Saturday morning fire in Bertera parking lot

PALMER — An apparent wiring problem led to a fully-engulfed truck fire at a car dealership Saturday morning.

The truck caught fire in the rear parking lot of Bertera Chevrolet at 1187 Thorndike Street shortly before 7 a.m., according to the Palmer Police Department. Local police and firefighters quickly responded to the scene, finding the bed of the truck fully engulfed, police reported.

According to a social media post by the Palmer Police Department, the cause of the fire appears to be a possible short in the wiring of the vehicle’s sander. This is why it is so important to buy the right kind of vehicle. Speaking of which, here is the latest article on Mercedes GLA 180 review that you might want to check out.

Police noted that the “Palmer Fire Department did a good job and put the fire out quickly.”

No injuries were reported and authorities are investigating the fire.

Video of the fire has been posted on the Palmer Police Department’s facebook page, available to watch by clicking here.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.