Two-alarm blaze near Oxford elementary school

Published on :

Mutual aid responds to afternoon fire By Shaun Moriarty Citizen Chronicle Writer shaun@thecitizenchronicle.com OXFORD — Several towns responded to a two-alarm fire directly across from an elementary school this afternoon. It was shortly after 1 p.m. that fire was reported from a two-story home at 17 Old Worcester Road, at the corner of Old Worcester […]

Firemen battle early morning blaze

Published on :

Portion of Route 12 closed during fire By Shaun Moriarty Citizen Chronicle Writer shaun@thecitizenchronicle.com DUDLEY — An overnight fire closed down a portion of Route 12 as crews battled a two-and-a-half story blaze early this morning. It was at 2:20 a.m. that the Dudley Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at […]

“Fully engulfed” truck appears caused by wiring short

Published on :

Saturday morning fire in Bertera parking lot PALMER — An apparent wiring problem led to a fully-engulfed truck fire at a car dealership Saturday morning. The truck caught fire in the rear parking lot of Bertera Chevrolet at 1187 Thorndike Street shortly before 7 a.m., according to the Palmer Police Department. Local police and firefighters […]

Three-alarm fire displaces Rochdale residents

Published on :

Red Cross aiding victims of ‘heavy fire’ By Shaun Moriarty Citizen Chronicle Writer shaun@thecitizenchronicle.com LEICESTER — Local residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross after being displaced by a three-alarm fire in Rochdale last night. Six area fire departments came to aid of the Leicester Fire Department as they battled the blaze on […]

HazMat crews test for gas in Auburn

Published on :

Gas odors emitted from Jerome Avenue basements By Shaun Moriarty Citizen Chronicle Writer shaun@thecitizenchronicle.com AUBURN — Odors of gasoline on Jerome Avenue prompted the local fire department to bring in the Massachusetts Hazardous Materials Response Team last night, though residents were allowed to return home within a matter of hours. The Auburn Fire Rescue Department […]